Sunday, November 30, 2014

Ferguson

After the grand jury chose to not indict Darren Wilson, the officer who shot the young Michael Brown fires and riots erupted as residence mutinied in Ferguson, Missouri. I can never understand what destroying your own community can accomplish in a time like this. In the suburbs of St. Louis it's hard to imagine why could cause such a thing. The clashing stories and racist allegations create a hostile environment, and now the community reflects its feelings in the destruction of the city. While this is all startling, the case itself seems to be unconventional. Many things were done differently in this trial, and this community doesn't agree with the decision. I've now decided that I don't either. Regardless of the situation, Michael Brown was shot several times after Wilson emptied two rounds into the night. How is it fair that an unarmed teenager was continuously shot for stealing a cigarillo? I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that he was shot to begin with. Where was Wilson's taser? or pepper spray? Or how about you chase the kid instead of shooting from a far? I really can't seem to understand the case fully or why the community responded by creating more violence.

1 comment:

  1. I reallylike what you have to say about this situation. I agree with you, and it's a hard thing to think about. I don't agree with the violence and the destruction that has been caused. It's not fair to the city or Mike Brown's family.

    ReplyDelete